Daily cartoon and live briefing: Tuesday, July 12, 2022
Time: Quite sunny. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Wet with highs in the mid 90s. Southwest winds 5-10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent. Heat Index values up to 109. Tuesday evening: Fairly clear. Chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 70s.
Today’s Editor’s Look:
In class: It’s trial day in criminal court, starting at 1:30 p.m. before Circuit Judge Terence Perkins, with a dozen cases likely to go to trial, including:
- The trial of Kwentell Moultrie for burglary and second degree murder in the death of Zaire Roberts in the Palm Coast Section R late last year in an alleged botched armed robbery. The alleged victim of the robbery was later arrested for drug trafficking. See: “Cote de Palme Man and Woman Arrested for Second Degree Murder in Murder of Zaire Roberts” and “Danial Marashi, Who Killed Mugger in Drug Deal Gone Wrong in Section R , is arrested on drug charges.
- It’s just one of two trials Moultrie faces: A case probation is also slated in his retrial for rape, in a case that resulted in a mistrial last April. See: “Mistrial in Case Against Kwentel Moultrie, Accused of Raping 16-Year-Old Girl, as Jury Deadlocks.”
- The separate first degree murder cases of Jevante Hamilton and Joseph Carroll, charged following the overdose death of a client to whom they allegedly sold the lethal dose of drugs. See: “Jevante Hamilton, 25, charged with 1st degree murder in overdose death of Timothy Davidson, 25” and “Joseph Carroll of Palm Coast, 42, charged with 1st degree murder in overdose death of Michael Burnett Jr.”
- Todd Rainey charged with animal cruelty. See: “Criminal cruelty charge for man who ‘kicked’ trapped raccoon and left injured cat untreated for 3 months.”
- Kim Zaheer, who faces a manslaughter charge in the allegedly negligent death of her mother last year. See: “Manslaughter charge for daughter accused of letting her mother die as a ‘prisoner in a concentration camp’.”
Palm Coast City Council Meet in the workshop at 9 a.m. at the Hôtel de Ville. Council will discuss a Housing Diversity Survey, Special Events, the delayed Florida Park Drive Median (Traffic Calming) Project, and hear a presentation on the construction of the Regional Tennis and Racquet Club, as well as a budget presentation on the general fund. The full agenda is here. The Community Traffic Safety Team led by Flagler County Commissioner Andy Dance meets at 9 a.m. in the first floor conference room of the Government Services Building, 1769 East Moody Boulevard, Bunnell. You can also join by zoom. Meeting ID: 823 5444 1058, Passcode: 565882
St. Johns River Water Management District Board of Directors holds its regular monthly meeting at its headquarters in Palatka. The public is invited to attend and comment on Board agenda items in person at 10:00 a.m. A live stream will also be available for members of the public to observe the meeting online. Board Room, 4049 Reid Street, Palatka. Click here link to access the streaming. The live video stream begins approximately five minutes before the scheduled meeting time. Meeting agendas are available online here.
The Flagler County Planning Board meeting at 5:30 p.m. at the Government Services Building, 1769 East Moody Boulevard, Bunnell. View board documents, including agendas and reference documents, here. Watch past meeting(s) here.
Keep in mind the Summer BreakSpot: Free meals for kids and teens, Monday through Friday: Flagler Schools and Café EDU are offering free meals to all children 18 and under this summer. It started on May 31 and will run until July 29. Meals must be consumed on site. No ID required. No request necessary. The Summer BreakSpot program, also known as the Summer Food Service Program, is federally funded through the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and, in Florida, administered by the Department of Agriculture and Human Resources. Florida consumer services. Sites are run locally by non-profit organizations (sponsors) who provide meals and receive reimbursement from the USDA. For more information, please contact Café EDU at 386-437-7526 x1159, or by email [email protected] The free dining locations are:
Flagler-Palm Coast High School
5500 E. Highway 100, Palm Coast, FL 32164
Breakfast: 7:45 a.m.–8:30 a.m.
Lunch: 12:15–1:00 p.m.
Dates: May 31 to July 29, Monday to Friday, except July 4.
502 S. Bacher St., Bunnell, Florida 32110
Breakfast: 9:00 a.m.–9:30 a.m.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Dates: June 6 to July 29, Monday to Friday, except July 4.
Notably : It’s Buckminster Fuller’s birthday (1895), which means one thing:
Flagler Beach webcam:
The Live Calendar is a collection of local and regional political, civic and cultural events. You can enter your own calendar events directly on the site as you want them to appear (pending approval of course). To include your event in the live calendar, please complete this form.
For the full schedule, go here.